You may know me as a mom, a friend, a magazine editor, a cookbook author or even a former bakery owner. If we haven’t met yet, hello, my name is Silvana.
This website is from me to you. Silvana’s Kitchen is for all of us who live in the gluten-free, dairy-free world.
Whether you’re gluten intolerant or celiac, or know someone who is, you can come here for great recipes and even better conversation. I’ll tell you every last secret I have for making really tasty food while sharing my personal stories along the way. I hope you’ll stop by and share your thoughts and recipes, too. My hope is to bring everyone together at one table to take pleasure in the wonderful details of our busy lives, one recipe at a time. Please introduce yourself.
I am the mother of two awesome kids, Isaiah, 20, and Chiara, 11. At age 10, Isaiah was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. Ever since, I’ve worked to keep my fridge—and my family’s stomachs—full, the way only a mom knows how, with patience and plenty of good food.
The truth is that if you’re gluten-free like my family, take comfort in knowing that you don’t have to change how you eat or what you eat. Your food can look great and taste even better than you could imagine. No compromises!
And if you cook or bake, you know that the greatest conversations always involve food—good and bad. What you ate last night for dinner and what you plan to eat tomorrow when you wake up in the morning. Maybe you’re still thinking about something your mom made years ago or something you just ate on vacation. You’re hungry. You’re deliciously full. This is how my family lives, too. Food takes us to places we long to be and holds us tight with unforgettable memories.
It’s this love of food and all that surrounds it that I want to give my family and to all of you. Eat to satisfy hunger, but more than anything, eat for fulfillment.
I will share my recipes, my tips and my stories so we can cook and eat together. So if you’re cooking for yourself or someone who is gluten-free by necessity or choice, you won’t leave hungry. And even more, you and your family and friends will be happy!
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, Every Day with Rachael Ray
- Cookbook Author, Silvana’s Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Kitchen: Timeless Favorites Transformed (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- Cookbook Author, Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy, Delicious Meals (Reader’s Digest)
- Food Columnist, Food&Wine.com
- Food Columnist, FoodNetwork.com
- Food Columnist, TastingTable.com
- Cooking Show Talent, TasteofHome.com Online Cooking School
- Co-Author, Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian
- Special Projects Editor, Saveur
- Editor, Food & Wine
- Bakery Owner, Fanciulla Specialty Foods, Brooklyn, NY
- Cooking Instructor, International Culinary Center
- Cooking Instructor (kids), Brooklyn Heights Montessori School
- Cooking Instructor, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Supporting Actor, Notorious B.I.G.’s “Juicy” music video
- The New York Times
- New York
- TimeOut New York
- The Associated Press
- ABC’s Good Morning America
- NBC’s Weekend Today
- CBS’s News This Morning
- ABC’s Eyewitness News This Morning
- Every Day with Rachael Ray
- Dr. Oz The Good Life
- Food Network’s Roker on the Road
- Huffington Post
- AOL Wellness
- The Nest
- The Kitchn
- Leite’s Culinaria
- General Mills
- Canyon Bakehouse
- Van’s Natural Foods
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Shiloh Farms
- Snyder’s of Hanover