I’m a sucker for cinnamon goo, but sometimes I just want instant gratification.
I don’t always have the patience to gather all the ingredients necessary, make my own yeasted cinnamon roll dough, wait for it to proof all day or overnight—or sometimes twice.
This recipe is for you if, like me, you want that warm, gooey cinnamony flavor and love biting down on the perfectly crusty edges of a cinnamon roll. If this is you, then this is definitely your delicious answer to cinnamon bun gooey goodness.
Easy Bake Cinnamon Buns
For the bread pudding:
- 1½ cups dairy-free or regular milk
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- One loaf gluten-free white sandwich bread such as Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White—toasted, cooled and cut into about 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter or non-hydrogenated organic shortening such as Spectrum, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese such as Kite Hill, at room temperature
- 2 ounces butter or non-hydrogenated organic shortening such as Spectrum, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Make the bread pudding: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla. Add the bread to the custard and let soak until the custard is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Transfer the soaked bread mixture to the prepared pan. Top with dollops of the butter mixture and bake until puffy and golden, about 50 minutes.