Who doesn’t love a good chicken Parmesan—and easy cleanup? Heck, yeah! This casserole version is healthier than the old-school version but still delivers a serious serving of hominess. To me, that’s a perfect Friday night right there…
One-Pot Chicken Parm Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup Silvana's Kitchen Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup long-grain white rice well rinsed in cold water
- One 14.5-ounce can chopped tomatoes about 1½ cups
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought chicken broth or water
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce about 1 cup
- 6 large fresh basil leaves torn
- ¼ cup homemade or store-bought Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan page 217 of Silvana’s Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Kitchen: Timeless Favorites Transformed
- 1 cup shredded dairy-free mozzarella-style cheese for topping
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Meanwhile, season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and lightly dredge in the flour. Working with 2 pieces at a time, add the chicken to the Dutch oven and cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a platter.
- Add the rice to the Dutch oven and stir to coat, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Top with the chicken, tomato sauce, basil, Parmesan and mozzarella. Cover, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer until the chicken and rice are cooked, 30 to 40 minutes.