If I were to write my kids a little love advice, here’s what my note would say:
Dear Beautiful You,
You deserve nothing short of magic. Love starts with believing in yourself—the greatest gift you could ever give.
Be open to receiving love. There’s no need to chase it. If it’s true love, everything in the world will eventually bring you together.
Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day from my kitchen to yours!
- 1 pound dark chocolate chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter or buttery sticks
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup raspberry jam heated and strained
- Cacao powder for coating
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Melt together the chocolate, butter and salt in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla; transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl, and whisking constantly, gradually pour in the boiling water. Pour the yolk mixture through a sieve into the chocolate mixture and blend until smooth. Blend in the raspberry jam. Transfer to the prepared pan, spreading evenly and let set, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place the cacao powder in a small bowl. Remove the truffles from the pan and using a small heart cutter, cut into hearts. Place in the cacao powder and toss to coat. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or refrigerate.