I have a small s’mores addiction—one that my family freely shares. I can pretty much turn any sweet recipe into a s’mores version. No apologies.
Before I even wake up in the morning, I’m thinking of breakfast, especially on the weekends. Fluffy pancakes? Oh, yeah! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals—maybe because I’m more sweet than savory. For my family, eating breakfast together can be more realistic than sitting down to dinner.
It’s become our well-honed ritual after all: a big table filled with food and lots of sticky fingers. Here are my smore’s pancakes. I can’t seem to make enough of them to feed my family! The marshmallow sauce is so easy and perfect drizzled over the pancakes.
Smore’s Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce
- 2 cups Silvana's Kitchen Pancake, Waffle & Biscuit Mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1¼ cups dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (plus more for greasing)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (such as Fluff)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, salt and brown sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, molasses, honey and oil; add to the pancake mix mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Using a paper towel, lightly grease with oil. Pour the batter about ¼ cup at a time onto the pan and cook until golden and set, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the marshmallow cream and boiling water until smooth. Serve with the pancakes.